What is the Canine Cup?
The Canine Cup is much like a race day luncheon - except better in every way!
- Ours is cruelty free: the caterers to choose from are vegan friendly and the races you watch are of dogs running (or not running if they don't want to) from one owner to another, calling them (no whips, drugs, added weight etc).
- You can enter the sweeps, backing dogs running in the pre-recorded races. We pre-record the races with race caller and all to show on the big screen, there are no live races on the day due to the logistics and of course, not wanting to overwhelm any of the pups with screaming people (trust us, you will be loud!)
- There will be a variety of Plant Based eateries for you to choose from.
- We have our own Fashion competition, so make sure you register early for the parade with great prizes up for grabs!
- Unlimited photobooth - this literally does not stop from 12pm to 4pm! (thanks to Photobooth & Co)
- Meet our racers, we will have some of our racing pups there for cuddles throughout the afternoon
- All proceeds assist the rescue efforts of Freedom Hill Sanctuary and don't line the pockets of rich men!
When is the Canine Cup?
The Canine Cup is held on Adelaide Cup Day (Public Holiday in SA)
Monday 14th March 2022
What do I wear to the Canine Cup?
Race Day attire, noting we recommend attire you can cuddle our racing stars (dogs) in...
What happens on the day?
Prepare to get there a little early to ensure a good parking spot, and to secure your seats.
We give you time to assess the raffle prizes and purchase your tickets, then we get into the swing of things!
We encourage you to enter the sweeps for each race on the day (there will be 6) and then cheer on your selected pup as though your screaming will get them across the line first!
As the day kicks on, we draw the raffle you cuddle all the puppies, you get all the photos you want from our photobooth for your Insta, then you pat yourself on the back for helping so many animals in need that day!
All our 2022 Auction winners will be announced at the event and payment is to be made directly to Freedom Hill Sanctuary.
This allows us more time to enjoy the festivities on the day.
The auction will close at 3pm on Monday 14th March 2022
Can I bring my dog?
Unfortunately, the only dogs allowed in the venue are our racer dogs for the meet and greet, no other dogs are allowed at the event, we will however, ensure there are treats for you to bring home for them, so they forgive you when you get home after such a fun day.