What is the Canine Cup?
The Canine Cup is much like a race day luncheon - except better in every way!
- Ours is cruelty free: the luncheon is vegan friendly and the races you watch are of dogs running (or not running if they don't want to) from one owner to another, calling them (no whips, drugs, added weight etc).
- You can enter the sweeps, backing dogs running in the pre-recorded races. We pre-record the races with race caller and all to show on the big screen, there are no live races on the day due to the logistics and of course, not wanting to overwhelm any of the pups with screaming people (trust us, you will be loud!)
- There will be a 4 course luncheon served throughout the day and the best live music you could dream of!
- We have our own Fashion competition, so make sure you register early for the parade with great prizes up for grabs!
- Unlimited photobooth - this literally does not stop from 12pm to 4pm! (thanks to Photobooth & Co)
- Guardian Angel Animal Rescue will have rescue dogs for cuddles - these will be scheduled, again to not overwhelm any dogs.
- All proceeds assist the rescue efforts of Guardian Angel Animal Rescue and don't line the pockets of rich men!
When is the Canine Cup?
The Canine Cup is held on Adelaide Cup Day (Public Holiday in SA)
Monday 9th March 2020 from 12pm to 4pm .
Where is the Canine Cup?
Plant 4 Bowden, 1 Third Street, Bowden, South Australia.
What do I wear to the Canine Cup?
Race Day attire, noting we recommend shoes you can survive dancing in and clothes that you can cuddle puppies in...
What happens on the day?
Prepare to get there a little early to ensure a good parking spot, your seats are already allocated, so just check the seating list on your way in.
As you enter you collect your gift bag and complimentary glass of sparkling (vegan friendly). Settle in to the awesome sounds of the live music.
We give you time to assess the auction and raffle prizes, make your bids and purchase your tickets, then we get into the swing of things!
We encourage you to enter the sweeps for each race on the day (there are 5) and then cheer on your selected pup as though your screaming will get them across the line first!
As the luncheon kicks on, we draw the raffle and auction, you cuddle all the puppies, you get all the photos you want from our photobooth for your Insta, you dance a little or a lot, then you pat yourself on the back for helping so many dogs in need that day!